If you think it’s okay to wear a polka dot shirt in a financial business, we want to hear from you. That, or… if you’re an Illustrator + Canva legend in the making, that will work too.
What is Rask?
Rask started in Melbourne as a financial education service. Today, our websites and related services attract tens of thousands of Australians every week. We like to think of ourselves as Australia’s premier financial and investment education company.
We dream of a world where everyone has equal access to free financial education and can invest with optimism for a better future.
Risk objective and mission
Rask’s goal is to create tools and share knowledge to help you better invest your time and money.
Live life with your own T & Cs. Rask exists to share knowledge and give you the tools to live life on your terms. We allow you to invest your time and manage your money with optimism.
Our brands include:
- Risk education – free lessons, calculators and more
- Rask Media – Free News & Analysis About Equity Market Investments
- Risk Invest – ASX premium research and global equities
- Best ETFs – a growing portal for research on ETFs and managed funds
- Podcasts, events and more
In terms of accomplishments, we were voted the world’s best emerging financial services company *.
Rask exists to share knowledge and give single mothers, young couples and retirees the tools to live life the way they want. We empower people to invest their time and manage their money with optimism. We do this by giving them the right information and the right ideas.
Everything we do is improve results for our members, readers, listeners, students and viewers. From someone reading a news article or a student of our free courses up to our highest level of premium Rask members. Our returns are not measured by our investment performance but by the messages we receive from the tens of thousands of people in our audience who appreciate what we have done for them.
Our culture is based on integrity, transparency, honesty and accountability to each stakeholder. You will be bursting with integrity and people will notice your honesty and passion for helping others.
In return, you will be able to work with a motivated, very talented, (sometimes) fun, growth-oriented team. You’ll be able to enjoy a super flexible work-life balance, make decisions without micromanaging, and be a part of something big.
Are you a gun designer?
Do you have a passion for creating imaginative designs and do you dream of being part of something that makes a real difference?
We are looking for a junior designer to fill a occasional role of approximately 15 hours per week (spread over 2-3 days). It’s a totally flexible position, but if you are passionate about what you do and enjoy working with us, there is certainly room for an ongoing position.
We view our team members as partners or family, not “employees”. You’ll enjoy an ultra-flexible work environment, make new friends, laugh most hours of the day, and be treated equally from day one. You will probably be thinking, “Am I qualified to do this?” »20 times… before you even log into your Mac.
So what are you going to do each day?
The successful candidate for this role may be responsible for a variety of creative and fun tasks, including:
- Design Essentials: Follow brand guidelines to create a range of digital graphics for social media, web, advertisements, online courses, podcasts, videos, presentations, etc.
- Social networks: social media programming (eg. Planoly) and account management (for example, ensuring that DMs are passed to the customer service team or the content team, if applicable). We have big plans for Insta, our Facebook group & Twitter…
- Experimentation: Study the competition and other popular brands, and analyze our engagement levels, to present your own designs and strategies to our content team
- Collaboration: Work directly with the content team on super-fast graphics and images for our educational courses – our mission is to enroll 10,000 students in free courses!
- Poddy talk: Collaboration with our AV producer to create custom graphics and visualizations for our podcasts and video broadcasts (your work will be displayed through itunes, Spotify, Google, Castbox, Youtube, and many others !)
- Canvassing: Maintaining our business Canvas account, including branding our designs, creating repeatable brand assets across web, visuals and social media
- Workflows: You will learn the basics of web design for WordPress, using the best tools like Elementor, to help us design stylish and fast landing pages, featured images, animations, and more.
- In Inbox: You will learn the basics of web design for email, diving into our sophisticated automated email software called GetDrip, and (be careful – we’re getting geeky) Twilio’s Sending grid automated email design software
If you want to boost your learning of advanced tools. Love constructive feedback but also want to experiment and take control of all the assets, this job is for you.
If you want a team that is driven by high performance but actively encourages you to break things up, join us.
If you want to be part of a team that embraces change. A team that prefers to sway to work in jeans (a good day!), It’s for you.
If you want your designs to be seen by, potentially, over 2 million people in the first 12 months, this is for you.
- Excellent written communication skills (e.g. grammar, creativity and word games)
- Has completed or is currently completing a degree in creation / design
- Proficiency in design software (in particular Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Proficiency or willingness to learn social media planning software and Canva
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively
- Curious and creative
- Excellent layout and typography skills
- Great attention to detail
- The right to work in Australia (preferably, Melbourne)
We actively encourage design students to apply, especially those with the ambition to learn extremely quickly, iterate and make meaningful changes within one of the fastest growing financial brands in the world. ‘Australia.
Pleasant to the well-off
There is a good chance that the successful candidate will tick at least two of the following boxes:
- One of the following:
- 150 IQ – or more
- Photographic memory
- Brain control
- (just kidding… where are we…?)
- Familiarity with WordPress, bonus points for Elementor
- An interest in finance and investment
- Working knowledge of major social media platforms (IG, FB, Twitter, etc.)
- Crazy SEO skills
In summary, apply to work with us if you want to make a difference for tens of thousands of families every month. Or if you just want to make money while gaining hyper-relevant industry experience and studying.
Please send the following to the email address: service[at]rask.com.au (obviously replace ‘at’ with @).
- A cover letter of 200 to 300 words – tell us about yourself, why you wanted to apply, make a joke and tell us how your crazy skills match the description
- Your CV (including relevant experience, units of study, etc.)
- PDF attachment or links to your portfolio or previous work
Please use “I’m a design nerd, get me out of here” in the subject line (or simply “Young designer” for the less reckless). We are trying to get the ball rolling as quickly as possible.
* as voted by us